Other Structures


Built in 1903, this was the Combined Groupment Command Post
and Fort Command Post
. It was located near Battery Anderson.
It was torn down late 2001. N 3701.072 W07617.941 (USCGS "Tower 28")

Optical instruments inside the tower.

The Fort Monroe Arsenal.
It dates back to the Civil War. N 3700.347 W07618.721

The rear of the arsenal.

Old Point Comfort Lighthouse (1802).
The British used it as a lookout post during the War of 1812.
N 3700.105 W07618.388 (USCGS)

Entrance to the Coast Artillery Board.

Coast Artillery School. N 3701.096 W07618.686

An entrance to the C.A. School.

Former Torpedo/Mining facilities.

Tower foundation on Mill Creek north of Ruggles.

Former Torpedo/Mining facilities.


BACK | HOME