A 155mm M1918 gun on mobile carriage, located at Fort Sill, Lawton, Oklahoma.
A temporary battery of four 155mm guns on tractor-drawn carriages was emplaced on concrete "Panama mounts" at Biddeford Pool, Maine from 1942 - 1945. Biddeford Pool was under the umbrella of the Portland Harbor Defense Command, manned by Battery F, 240th Coast Artillery Regiment (Harbor Defense), Maine National Guard beginning in December 1941. In February 1943 Battery E, 22nd Coast Artillery Regiment (Harbor Defense), US Army was rotated out to Biddeford Pool for eight months before moving back to the Pulpit Rock AMTB battery in Rye.
Located at Biddeford Pool, Biddeford, Maine.
WWII TOWERS HOME