An SCR-296A fire-control radar unit on a free-standing 100-foot steel-frame tower was built at Concord Point in June 1943 on a government-owned 0.5 acre site. The radar unit was enclosed within a prefabricated wood antenna house. The pre-existing cottage on the site was reconfigured into the radar operating room and station barracks. A separate generator house and a 1000-gallon fuel storage tank were also built. The cottage still exists, albeit somewhat modified from its wartime appearance. All other military structures have long since been removed.
GPS for Radar Tower (OC2276) - N 43° 00.992 W 070° 43.919 (NAD 83)
Located at Concord Point, North Rye Beach, NH.
WWII TOWERS HOME