A two-story wooden cottage with a three-level concrete tower was completed in October 1943 on a government-owned 0.89 acre site near Seal Head Point (actually located on the south bank of Godfrey's Cove), and was used as a combined Base-End Station for Fort Dearborn and Fort Foster. This station was identical in design to the station at Rye Ledge, NH. The ground-floor observation level was used for Battery 103/Seaman (B10 S10), the middle level was intended for Battery 205 (B5 S5), and the third-floor level was used for Battery 204 (B6 S6). The roof deck was used for the anti-aircraft intelligence service (AAIS OP 9). Searchlight positions #15 and #16 were located west and south of the station. The structure was demolished by the landowners in either 1979 or 1980. There are no visible remains today.
GPS for Base-End Station (OC2203) - N 43° 06.987 W 070° 38.328 (NAD 83)
GPS for Godfrey's Cove Benchmark (OC0486) - N 43° 07.002 W 070° 38.271 (NAD 83)
GPS for Location 150 (Western Point) Benchmark (OC0489) - N 43° 07.313 W 070° 38.226 (NAD 83)
Located at Godfrey's Cove, York, Maine.
WWII TOWERS HOME