The old B" (secondary) station for Battery Bohlen, Fort Foster. It was a three-faced open-top station (no roof), about 5.5 feet square with walls five feet high, with a concrete instrument pedestal. It was located on a 40-foot knoll about 1200 yards east of Battery Bohlen, which was leased by the Army from the landowners. The baseline created by this station and the Wentworth B" station (Battery Hunter) was approximately 3680 yards long. Searchlight position #6 (1921) was also nearby, using a truck-mounted Sperry 36-inch searchlight. The light was stored at Fort Foster when not in use.
GPS for Base-End Station (OC2189) - N 43° 04.180 W 070° 40.715 (NAD 83)
Located at Seward's Point on Gerrish Island, Kittery, Maine.
WWII TOWERS HOME