The Gatehouse from inside the fort.
It was reconstructed in 1974.
Detail of original 1709 dry-laid stone wall from the above photo.
The Bastion from the south side.
View along the sea-wall of the Lighthouse and Lightkeeper's House.
The Keeper's House was built in 1872, and was never a part of the fort.
It was originally located 1000 feet to the west, and was moved
when Battery Farnsworth was being built in 1897.
A close-up of the 1864 Totten Embrasure on the north outer wall.
Fort Constitution (Fort Point) Lighthouse
The MV Thomas Laighton cruise ship is returning from the Isles of Shoals.
The small brick building is the Oil House (1903) used for storing the lamp oil for the Lighthouse.
The cast-iron Lighthouse (1877) with its octagonal base.
This is where the 1803 wooden tower was located.
The tower was refurbished in 1977 and again in 2000.
GPS Lighthouse (OC2244) - N 43° 04.264 W 070° 42.518 (NAD 83)
Midday fog coming in from the ocean.
A view from the top of the Lighthouse.
Another view from the top of the Lighthouse.
Fort McClary is visible in far right background.
View of the USCG buildings, Lighthouse, and Battery Farnsworth
from New Castle Town Beach to the south.