Fort Allen (2) |
J. Allen's Fort |
Ashcraft's BH |
Barr's Fort |
Bayon's BH |
S. Beelor's Fort | Beelor's Fort (2) | Beeman's BH | Beeson's Fort | Breastwork Hill | Fort Burd
Burgett's BH | Byerly's Station | Campbell's BH | Carnahan's BH | Cassell's BH | Castle's BH
Catfish Camp Station | Cherry's Fort | Clear Fields Camp | Conwell's BH | Cox's Fort
Craft's BH | Craig's BH | V. Crawford's BH | W. Crawford's Fort (1) | Fort Dewart
Dillow's Fort | Dinsmore's BH | Doddridge's BH | Downey's BH | Fort Dudgeon
Dunbar's Camp | Dunn's BH | Edmund's Swamp Camp | Enlow's BH | Enoch's BH
Flour Bag Fort | Foreman's Fort | Froman's Fort | Gaddis' Fort | Garard's Fort | Gilson's Fort
Gist's Plantation | Gist's Post | Graybill's BH | Great Swamp Camp | Fort Hand (1)
Hanna's Town Fort | Hoagland's BH | Hughes' BH | Hupp's BH | Jackson's Fort (1)
Jackson's Fort (2) | Kepple's BH | Klingensmith's BH | Lamb's BH | Fort Liberty
Fort Ligonier | Lindley's Fort | Lochry's BH | Post at Loyalhanna | Lucas' BH | McCoy's BH
McDonald's BH/Station | McDowell's BH (2) | McFarland's Fort (2) | McKibben's BH
McLean's Redoubt | Marchand's BH | Markle's BH/Station | Marshall's BH | Marshel's BH
Mason's BH | J. Miller's BH | S. Miller's Station | Milliken's Fort | Minter's Fort
Fort Morris (2) | Fort Necessity | W. Norris' BH | Old Orchard Camp | Palmer's Fort
Patterson's BH (3) | Pearse's BH | Pomeroy's BH | Pomroy's BH | Fort Preservation
Proctor's Fort | Fort Redstone (1) | Fort Redstone (2) | Redstone Old Fort | Fort Reed (2)
J. Reed's Station | Reynold's BH | Rice's Fort (2) | Riffle's BH | Rock Fort Camp | Roney's BH
Rook's BH | Ruch's BH | Rugh's BH | Ryerson's Fort | Salt Lick Camp | Shepherd's Fort
Shield's Fort | Fort Shippen | Simpson's Fort | Spark's BH | Squaw Fort Camp
Camp at Stewart's Crossing | Stokely's BH | Fort Stony Creek | Stony Creek Post
Striker's Blockhouses | Swan's and VanMeter's Fort | Swearingen's Fort | Taylor's BH
Teeter's Fort | Thickety Run Camp | Three Redoubts Camp | Tomahawk Camp | Truby's BH
Turner's BH | Twelve Springs Camp | Vance's Fort | Waldhower's Fort | Walker's BH
Wallace's Fort | Wallower's BH | Walthour's Fort | Walthower's Fort | Washington Camp
Wells' Fort | Williams' BH (2) | Williamson's BH | J. Wilson's BH (1) | Wilson's BH (3)
Wolf's Fort | Woodruff's Fort | Wright's BH | Zollarsville Fort
Southeast Pennsylvania - page 1 | Northeast Pennsylvania - page 2
Central Pennsylvania - page 3 | Southern Pennsylvania I - page 4
Southern Pennsylvania II - page 5 | Northwest Pennsylvania - page 7
Greater Pittsburgh - page 8
EXPLORE PA HISTORY
(unknown dates), Old Zollarsville
A Native American burial mound.
(unknown dates), Amwell Township, Washington County
A Native American burial mound.
Fort Redstone (1)
(1754, 1759 - 1763, 1774 ?, 1778 - 1780), Brownsville
A Virginia colonial militia stockaded post, a supply base for Fort Prince George, was built at the mouth of Redstone Creek in February 1754, just north of town. It was destroyed by the French in June 1754. A British fort was proposed here in 1755 during Gen. Braddock's Campaign, but was never built.
A new post was built by Col. James Burd and the PA colonial militia in 1759 at the mouth of Dunlap (Nemacolin) Creek, known as Fort Burd, but it was also still commonly known as Fort Redstone (2). It was a moated stockade with bastions, and log barracks. This was previously the site of an early Indian mound fortification known to the British traders/settlers as Redstone Old Fort. The fort was abandoned in 1763 during Pontiac's War. The site was possibly used by the Virginia colonial militia in 1774 under Col. Michael Cresap. A VA state militia supply depot was located here in 1778. A Virginia Land Commission court held office here from 1779 - 80.
In 1786 a civilian trading post was built on the site of Fort Burd / Redstone (2), and in 1796 it was rebuilt as the Nemacolin Castle, a large stone mansion with an octagonal tower with battlements. A brick chimney (1787 ?) from the trade post was incorporated in the mansion. An extant well also predates the mansion. Operated by the Brownsville Historical Society, located between Brashear and Front Streets.
Fort Hand (1)
(1777 - 1791), near North Washington
A stockaded blockhouse located about one mile northeast of town on Beaver Run. Built and garrisoned by Patriot (Continental) troops under General Edward Hand. Attacked by the British and Indians in April 1779. Built adjacent to the land of John McKibben's Blockhouse (see Westmoreland County list below). Stone monument (1931) at site, located at 285 Pine Run Church Road in Kunkle Park.
(1758), near Murrysville
A British encampment on the Forbes Road. Located on a hill one mile south of town.
Flour Bag Fort
(Bushy Run Battlefield State Park)
British troops on their way to reinforce Fort Pitt during Pontiac's Rebellion were ambushed here. They had to use bags filled with flour for barricades. After a two-day battle, the Indians were defeated. A granite monument and a recreation of the "fort" are here. Admission fee.
Three Redoubts Camp
(1758), near Hanna's Town
A British fortified encampment during General Forbes' Campaign. No traces of earthworks remain. Site located one and one-half miles west of town at PA 819 and Route 1032 (Old Forbes Road).
(1758), near Baggaley
A British earthwork on Nine Mile Run, built as an outpost to Fort Ligonier.
Thickety Run Camp
(1755), near Madison
A British encampment during General Braddock's Campaign.
Salt Lick Camp
(1755), near New Stanton
A British encampment during General Braddock's Campaign.
Great Swamp Camp
(1755), near Bridgeport
A British encampment during General Braddock's Campaign.
(1758 - 1766), Ligonier FORT WIKI
The staging area for the November 1758 British attack on Fort Duquesne, at an old Delaware Indian village called Loyalhanna (1727 ?). Originally known as Post at Loyalhanna, it was attacked by the French in October 1758 soon after it was constructed. The fort also served as a place of refuge for the local settlers. Attacked twice during Pontiac's War in 1763, but never fell. The current structure is a 1954 reconstruction, complete in every detail. It is a 200-foot square stockade with four bastions, two log barracks, Officers' quarters, Officers' mess, powder magazine, and armory, along with an outer trench and the Fascine Battery and the East and West Batteries. Other reconstructed structures include the hospital, bake ovens, sawmill, smithy, and Indian lodges. Museum located at 200 South Market Street. Admission fee. See also PA state marker || History of Ligonier from Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce
PHOTOS by John Hamill
In 1777 Fort Preservation (1777 - 1780's) was a stockade built by the PA state militia after the October 1777 attack on Palmer's Fort (see below). Located adjacent to the old Fort Ligonier, closer to Loyalhanna Creek on lower ground.
Camp at Stewart's Crossing
(1755), near Connellsville
A British encampment during General Braddock's Campaign. Located on the west bank of the Youghiogheny River.
Christopher Gist's Post
(1753 - 1754), near Mt. Braddock
A fortified British settlers' trading post that was destroyed by the French in July 1754. Also known as Gist's Plantation.
Col. Dunbar's Camp
(1755), near Jumonville
A British encampment during General Braddock's Campaign. Site located 0.2 mile north of Jumonville Glen, where a French force was attacked by Virginia troops in May 1754, sparking the first true world war, the Seven Years/French and Indian War.
Rock Fort Camp
(1755), Washington Springs
A British encampment during General Braddock's Campaign. Also known as Half King's Rock.
Old Orchard Camp
(1755), near Farmington
A British encampment during General Braddock's Campaign. Site of Braddock's Grave after his defeat at the Battle of Monongahela (July 1755).
Fort Necessity (National Battlefield)
(1754), Farmington FORT WIKI
A replica of the 50-foot circular stockaded fort with an interior storehouse. It was armed with nine guns. This is the site of George Washington's only surrender of his military career, and the opening battle of the French and Indian War (July 1754). Admission fee.
PHOTOS by John Hamill
Twelve Springs Camp
(1755), near Farmington
A British encampment during General Braddock's Campaign. Marker on US 40 three miles east of town.
Squaw Fort Camp
A British encampment during General Braddock's Campaign against Fort Duquesne.
(1758), Jenner Township, Somerset County
An outpost of Fort Ligonier, located on Laurel Hill, along the Forbes Road.
A temporary fortified British way station on the Forbes Road, located 1.3 miles west of town. Site destroyed by modern strip mining operations. Also known as Clear Fields Camp. Located just to the west was Tomahawk Camp.
Fort Stony Creek
(1758 - 1763), Kantner (Stoystown Station)
A British redoubt and supply camp on the Forbes Road. Also known as Stony Creek Post. Abandoned during Pontiac's War. A stone monument is located at the North Star Elementary School. Stone bake ovens associated with the camp were located on Oven Run east of town, and still remained until the 1870's.
Edmund's Swamp Camp
A British redoubt and encampment on the Forbes Road.
(1758), Allegheny Township, Somerset County
A temporary British way station on the Forbes Road. A stone monument is located one-third mile north of US 30 on Breastwork Run, at the Bedford County line.
Pioneer Settlement Forts of Western Pennsylvania
NOTE: From 1772-86 the region west of the Youghiogheny River and south of the Ohio River was claimed by Virginia, although administered by Pennsylvania. Militia troops were recruited here by Virginia in 1774 for Lord Dunmore's War in the Ohio Country.
(alphabetical listing by county)
John Allen's Fort (1773 - ?), Smith Township, along Raccoon Run (not Raccoon Creek) and the border with Robinson Township.
Thomas Bayon's Blockhouse (1770's - ?), Cross Creek Township, a simple log cabin.
Beckett's Blockhouse (1774 - ?), unknown location, near the Monongahela River on the road from Fort Pitt/Dunmore.
Capt. Samuel Beelor's (Sr.) Fort (1774 - 1789), Candor, a two-story house located about 100 yards southwest of the present Raccoon Presbyterian Church, on Raccoon Run (not Raccoon Creek). Also used by the local militia.
Beelor's Fort (2) (1778 - ?), Robinson Township, along Raccoon Creek (not Raccoon Run) between Murdocksville and Bavington.
Beeman's Blockhouse (1774 - ?), West Finley Township, on Beemans Run near Middle Wheeling Creek.
Sebastian Burgett's Blockhouse (1780 - ?), Burgettstown. Attacked by Indians during the war. Later used as a barn after the war when son Boston constructed a new house. Later burned down by lightning. Stone monument located on PA 18 across from Our Lady of Lourdes Church.
Campbell's Blockhouse (1790 - ?), West Finley Township near Good Intent, one and one-half mile west on Blockhouse Run.
Catfish Camp Station (1778 - ?), Washington. The town was named Catfish Camp from 1770 - 1781.
John Cherry's Fort (1774 - ?), Mount Pleasant Township, in the Cherry Valley near the Cherry Valley Reservoir. Three log cabins stockaded in a triangle, one cabin was two stories and 25-feet square. John (or Thomas ?) Cherry was killed by Indians in October 1781 at the mouth of Tomlinson Run on the Ohio River in West Virginia.
Major Gabriel Cox's Fort (1774 - 1780's), near Gastonville, a stockaded post located on Peters Creek one mile from town. A Virginia Land Commission court held office here in 1779 - 80. Virginia state militia troops were posted here on occasion, especially in March 1778. Gabriel was the son of Ruben, who had another fort in Brooke County, West Virginia.
Matthew Dillow's Fort (1779 - 1782), Hanover Township, on Dilloe Run. Attacked by Indians in 1782, killing Dillow. The house was still in use in 1785.
James Dinsmore's Blockhouse (1795 - ?), Canton Township
John Doddridge's Blockhouse (1773 - 1780's), three miles west of West Middleton on a branch of Buffalo Creek (Indian Camp Run ?). Stockaded in 1774, replaced Teeter's Fort as the area's community defense sometime later. The PA state militia garrisoned the fort in 1782 after the attack on Rice's Fort (2) (see below). The central blockhouse was said to have been still standing in 1913.
Downey's Blockhouse (1774 - ?), near Woodrow, located on South Fork Cross Creek.
Dunn's Blockhouse (1774 - ?), Dunsfort
Abraham Enlow's Blockhouse (1775 - ?), East Finley Township, on Enlow Fork Wheeling Creek.
Enoch's Blockhouse (1770 - ?), Amwell Township
Foreman's Fort (1774 - ?), Canonsburg, on the south side of Chartiers Creek. Also spelled Froman.
Henry Hoagland's Blockhouse (1780 - ?), near Bonnymeade, on Raccoon Creek, built on the land of Lund Washington.
Hupp's Blockhouse (1769 - ?), East Bethlehem Township
Jackson's Fort (1) (1759 - ?), Fredericktown
Lamb's Blockhouse (1774 - 1780's), Hopewell Township, about four miles from Rice's Fort (2).
Demas Lindley's Fort (1773 - 1780's), near Prosperity, located on North Fork Ten Mile Creek.
John McDonald's Blockhouse / Station (1777 ? - 1780's), McDonald. Also used by the local militia.
Abel McFarland's Fort (2) (1772 - ?), Amwell Township, located along North Fork Ten Mile Creek.
Col. James Marshel's Blockhouse (1770's), Cross Creek Township, located on Middle Fork Cross Creek. Also spelled Marshall.
Jacob Miller's (Sr.) Blockhouse (1770's - 1780's), Donegal Township on Dutch Fork Buffalo Creek, above Rice's Fort (2), possibly near Budaville. Attacked by Shawnee in April 1782, killing Miller and John Hupp Sr..
James Milliken's Fort (1772 - ?), Amwell Township, located along North Fork Ten Mile Creek.
William Norris' Blockhouse (1774 - ?), Chartiers Township, located along Chartiers Creek.
William Reynold's Blockhouse (1774 - 1779), near Cross Creek, one and one-half mile southwest. Attacked by Indians in the summer of 1779, killing Reynold's wife and children.
Rice's Fort (2) (1781 - ?), Donegal Township, above Buffalo Creek on the west bank of Dutch Fork Buffalo Creek, below Miller's Blockhouse, built by Abraham and Daniel Rice. A stockaded blockhouse and cabins, attacked by nearly 100 Wyandot and Shawnee warriors in September 1782, against only six defenders at the time. NOTE: a WV state marker for Rice's Fort is located in Bethany, West Virginia.
Hercules Roney's Blockhouse (1778 ? - 1790's), West Finley Township, located on Middle Wheeling Creek at the state border with West Virginia. Roney did not receive patent on the land until September 1779, his fort having already been built.
Striker's Blockhouses (1770's), Buffalo Township, two blockhouses built 300 yards apart.
Taylor's Blockhouse (1770's), Taylorstown Station
Capt. Samuel Teeter's Fort (1773 - 1774 ?), Independence Township, possibly on Sugarcamp Run. Replaced by Doddridge's Fort sometime after 1774, which was located three-fourths of a mile southwest and downstream (on Indian Camp Run ?).
Turner's Blockhouse (1770's), Robinson Township
Joseph Vance's Fort (1774 - 1780's), near Langeloth, one mile north of Cross Creek Village on a branch of Burgetts Fork. As many as 25 familes took refuge here at various times. Later used as a church "for seven years afterwards" (of Indian hostilities).
Walker's Blockhouse (1770's), Donegal Township
Wallower's Blockhouse (1770's), Donegal Township
Alexander Wells' Fort (1773 - 1790's), near Penowa. A stockaded blockhouse and flour mill on Cross Creek.
Col. David Williamson's Blockhouse (1776 - ?), Blaine Township, located on Buffalo Creek northwest of Taylorstown.
Wilson's Blockhouse (3) (1770's), Mount Pleasant Township, 12 miles from the Ohio River, west of Cherry's Fort and south of Hoagland's Blockhouse.
Jacob Wolf's Fort (1770's - 1780's), near Taylorstown, located on Wolf Run.
Wright's Blockhouse (1782 - ?), East or West Finley Township
Garard's Fort (1774 - 1780's), Garards Fort, located on the north bank of Whiteley Creek, probably just west of the present community.
Jackson's Fort (2) (1774 - 1780's), Waynesburg, built by same family as Jackson's Fort (1) in Washington County. A group of cabins palisaded in a square, located on the south bank of South Fork Ten Mile Creek. Used by state militia rangers until at least 1782. The ruins were still extant in 1888.
(William ?) Ryerson's Fort (1774 - 1784 or 1793 ?), Ryerson Station. Built on North Fork Dunkard Creek and used by the VA state militia until at least 1784. No remains. Ryerson Station State Park was created in 1967 and named for the former frontier outpost.
Swan's and VanMeter's Fort (1772 ? - 1780's), near Rice's Landing, located near the fork of Pumpkin Run about one mile south of town. A family stockaded fort built by John Swan, Jess VanMeter, and Thomas Hughes, located on Swan's property. Possibly erected as early as 1769.
Ichabod Ashcraft's Blockhouse (1774 - ?), Georges Township, a two-story stockaded blockhouse near a spring at "Buffalo Pasture". First settled in 1770.
Henry Beeson's Fort (1774 - ?), Uniontown, a log blockhouse on the site of the present-day county jail. It protected Beeson's mill operation.
Cassell's Blockhouse (1774 - ?), near Fayette City, just above the mouth of Little Redstone Creek. Also spelled Castle.
Conwell's Blockhouse (1774 - ?), near Merrittstown, on the west side of Dunlap Creek. Built by brothers Jehu and Capt. William Conwell. First settled in 1767.
John Craft's Blockhouse (1774 - ?), near Merrittstown, one mile west of town on Dunlap Creek. Also known as Patterson's Blockhouse (3). Once stockaded, the house survived until 1885.
Valentine Crawford's Blockhouse (1774 - ?), near Perryopolis, at Washington's Bottom on the Youghiogheny River, built by the brother of William.
William Crawford's Fort (1) (1774 - ?), Connellsville
Col. Thomas Gaddis' Fort (1774 - ?), near Chadville, about 300 yards east of PA 3019 (Old US 119), two miles south of Uniontown. The remains of the log house still exist behind the lot of 813 Morgantown Road (NOTE: state marker says built in 1764). Known as Fort Liberty in 1776. Site excavated in 1974 - 75 by the California University of Pennsylvania. Private property.
Joseph Graybill's Blockhouse (1780's), near Brownsville, one mile south of town.
Lucas' Blockhouse (1774 - ?), Nicholson Township
John Mason's Blockhouse (1774 - ?), east of Masontown. The house was moved within town in 1823. It still existed on Main Street in 1895.
James McCoy's Blockhouse (1774 - ?), South Union Township, a log cabin located about two miles northeast of Gaddis' Fort.
John Minter's Fort (1774 - ?), Upper Tyrone Township, on the south side of Jacobs Creek. First settled in 1769.
Fort Morris (2) (1771 - ?), Uniontown, used as a staging area by the Virginia colonial militia in 1774.
Isaac Pearse's Blockhouse (1774 - ?), near Bethelboro, four miles northeast of Uniontown.
Nicholas Riffle's Blockhouse (1779 - ?), Nicholson Township. A Virginia court held session here in 1782.
Shepherd's Fort (1774 - ?), Connellsville
Gilbert Simpson's Fort (1774 - ?), near Perryopolis, at Washington's Bottom on the Youghiogheny River.
Spark's Blockhouse (1774 - ?), Perry Township, on the south bank of the Youghiogheny River near Burns' Ford. Used as a polling place in 1776.
John (or Van) Swearingen's Fort (1774 - ?), near Morris Crossroads, about one mile distant on a knoll. Van was John's son.
Fort Allen (2) (1774 - ?), Fort Allen, a local militia blockhouse commanded by Col. Christopher Truby during Dunmore's War. Also known as Truby's Blockhouse. A stone monument (1929) is located at the St. John's Harrold Reformed United Church of Christ, about 150 yards north of actual site. State marker located nearby on PA 136.
Robert Barr's Fort (1777 - 1780's), near New Derry, west of Millwood. A stockaded house, originally built in 1768. Known as William Gilson's Fort after 1796.
Byerly's Station (? - 1763), near Harrison City, on or near Bushy Run, abandoned during Pontiac's War.
Adam Carnahan's Blockhouse (1776 - 1780's), near Salina, attacked by Wyandots in August 1777, killing son John. Patriot forces under Col. Archibald Lochry assembled here in July 1781 to join General George Rogers Clark on the Ohio Expedition.
Hanna's Town Fort (1774 - 1786 ?), Hannastown. The original community stockade was rebuilt as a proper fort with a blockhouse in 1776 - 77. Also known as Fort Reed (2) after 1778. Used by the PA state militia. While garrisoned by 20 men and 40 women, the fort held off an attack by 100 Senecas and 60 Canadian militiamen in July 1782, although the settlement was burned. The settlement was initially founded in 1773. It was abandoned as the county seat in 1786 for Greensburg. The blockhouse has been reconstructed, along with several other log homes and the tavern/courthouse.
Michael Kepple's Blockhouse (1770's - 1780's), near Greensburg, one and one-half miles north of town. A hewn log blockhouse on a stone foundation. Still in use in 1782.
Philip Klingensmith's Blockhouse (1774 - 1781), near McCullough, on Brushy (Bushy) Run northwest of Harrison City. Attacked and destroyed by Indians in July 1781. First settled in 1769.
Col. Archibald Lochry's Blockhouse (1781), Unity Township, used by the PA state militia. Lochry was later killed in July 1781 on the way to Wheeling, WV. The long abandoned log house was restored in 2002, located within the Winnie Palmer Nature Reserve near Youngstown.
McDowell's Blockhouse (2) (1770's), Madison. Sometimes referred to as Thomas Hughes' Blockhouse, on whose land at the time the house was built.
John McKibben's Blockhouse (1770's), near North Washington, near Fort Hand (1). A "strong" log house.
Dr. David Marchand's Blockhouse (1774 - 1780's), Hempfield Township, four miles southwest of Greensburg, near Millersdale on Little Sewickley Creek. A fortified house.
Gaspard Markle's Blockhouse / Station (1770 ? - 1780's), near Lowber, two miles north of West Newton on the south bank of Big Sewickley Creek.
Capt. Samuel Miller's Station (1774 - 1782), near Greensburg, about two miles northeast of town, about four miles south of Hannastown. Miller was killed in July 1778 at Hannastown. Andrew Cruikshanks then married Mrs. Miller and took possession of the station. Attacked and destroyed by Indians in the same July 1782 Hannastown raid.
John Palmer's Fort (1774 ? - ?), Fort Palmer. A stockaded blockhouse. Attacked by Indians in October 1777, but not overrun.
Col. John Pomroy's Blockhouse (1770's), Derry Township, one mile from Barr's Fort. Also spelled Pomeroy.
John Reed's Station (1778 ? - 1792), near Garver's Ferry, above town on Dimit Run. Attacked by Indians in May 1792. After it was accidently burned, it was replaced by the Freeport Blockhouse across the river (see page 7). The main house was washed away by the Allegheny River in 1840.
Michael Rugh's Blockhouse (1781 - ?), near Carbon, about two miles south of Greensburg. A fortified log barn, used as a Patriot supply depot near the end of the war. Also spelled Rook or Ruch. Torn down in 1842.
John Shield's Fort (1774 - 1780's), near New Alexandria, about one mile distant. A stockaded blockhouse. Also known as Alexander Craig's Blockhouse after the war, when Craig purchased the property.
Fort Shippen (1774 - 1780's), near Latrobe, also known as Capt. John Proctor's Fort, a PA state militia post located on Twelve Mile Run about three miles west of town.
Nehemiah Stokely's Blockhouse (1770's), near Waltz's Mill, on Big Sewickley Creek. A two-story timber blockhouse.
Christopher Waldhower's Fort (1770's - 1780's), near Irwin, about one and one-half mile east of town, about four miles south of Byerly's Station on the Old Forbes Road. Also spelled Walthour and/or Walthower. A stockaded blockhouse, attacked by Indians in April 1782.
Richard Wallace's Fort (1774 - 1783 ?), near Brenizer, about one mile up McGee Run from the Conemaugh River. A two-story blockhouse also used by the PA state militia after 1779.
Williams' Blockhouse (2) (1770's - ?), Donegal Township, located between Donegal and Stahlstown.
Major James Wilson's Blockhouse (1) (1770's), near New Derry, one mile northeast of town.
NEED MORE INFO:
Towns: Fort Hill in Upper Turkeyfoot Township, Somerset County; Garrison in Freeport Township, Greene County
QUESTIONS ? Please send any corrections and/or additions to this list to:
"Updates" at NorthAmericanForts.com